Back at you friends with more greatness coming straight from Steam. If your eyes aren’t glued to us here or to Steam itself, first I need to ask “Whats wrong with you”? Now with that off my chest I will get into the latest happenings on Steam.
Free to play this weekend we have two huge titles and they are on sale as well. What are they you ask, stop teasing me you say. Take a peek below.
Saints Row IV is free to play this weekend. For those of you who don’t know, Saints Row IV is an Action / Adventure title which was released on Aug 20, 2013. This title received a metascore of 86/100 and offers both single and co-op gameplay with 73 achievements, Steam trading cards, full controller support and cloud service. Saints Row IV is normally priced at $39.99 but for the next two days you can pick it up for 50% off at $19.99. Good deal here. Looking for more info. Read about the game below.
About the game: The US President must save the Earth from alien overlord Zinyak using an arsenal of superpowers and strange weapons in the wildest open world game ever.
The epic conclusion to the game that changed all the rules! The Saints have gone from the crackhouse to the White House—but the Earth has been invaded and it’s up to you to free the world from Overlord Zinyak and his alien empire. With homies new and old by your side, and an arsenal of superpowers and strange weapons, you must save the world in the wildest open world game ever!
Company of Heroes 2 is also free to play this weekend as well as being on sale for 66% off. Normally priced at $39.99, for the next two days you can pick it up for only $13.59. Company of Heroes is a Strategy game which has received a metascore of 80/100 and was released on Jun 25, 2013. The title offers 449 achievements, single player, multiplayer and co-op action with steam trading cards, cloud service, stats, Steam leaderboards and Steam workshop. Fewf, that was a mouthful. More about the game below.
About the game: In the world’s darkest hour you are a commander of the Soviet Red Army, entrenched in brutal frontline warfare to free Mother Russia from the Enemy invaders.
It is 1941 and the beginning of what will become the bloodiest conflict of World War II resulting in more than 14 million military casualties.
Witness the struggles of the Red Army from near defeat through their incredible triumph over Germany in the most challenging and costly theater of the war, the Eastern Front.
Your military tactics hold the power to tip the very balance of this conflict. Engage in tactical combat that will define you as a military leader and wield the might of the Soviet Empire as you smash your way to Berlin.
The Motherland is Calling!
Steam has two early access titles available for us which you can find below.
Divinity: Original Sin is an Adventure / Indie / RPG / Strategy title released on Jan 17, 2014. This title offers single player, multiplayer and co-op gameplay with Steam achievements and Steam trading cards. Also included you get a level editor, Steam cloud service, closed captions and Steam workshop. Divinity: Original Sin is currently priced at $39.99. More information follows.
About the game: Gather your party and get ready for a new, back-to-the-roots RPG adventure! Discuss your decisions with companions; fight foes in turn-based combat; explore an open world and interact with everything and everyone you see. Join up with a friend to play online in co-op and make your own adventures with the powerful RPG toolkit.
In Divinity:Original Sin you take on the role of a young Source Hunter: your job is to rid the world of those who use the foulest of magics. When you embark on what should have been a routine murder investigation, you suddenly find yourself in the middle of a plot that will rattle the very fabric of time.
Divinity: Original Sin is a game that gives you a lot of freedom and plenty of gameplay mechanics to use or abuse. The game’s epic story may drive you toward your ultimate end-goal, but how you get there is entirely up to you.
Or up to you and a friend, because Divinity: Original Sin can be played completely cooperatively, and features both online and local drop-in/drop-out multiplayer. Great adventures become even greater when shared with a trusted comrade-in-arms!
Final Rush is an Action / Indie title released on Jan 17, 2014 normally priced at $14.99 but on sale for 33% off today at $10.04. The title offers singleplayer, multiplayer and co-op action. They remind players that they are still in development and listen to all suggestions from the community. More about the game below.
About the game: Set in the distant future of 2117, players take the role of highly trained military specialists which handle situations involving advanced and dangerous technology.
Final Rush is a co-operative action first person shooter which pits you against waves of enemies. Final Rush is more than just a game, it’s a service. Buying the game will give you access to a constantly growing and improving experience.
This is the current feature set of Final Rush:
- The FINAL RUSH FRAMEWORK – currently most of the effort of making Final Rush has been setting up a framework for new content and better gameplay.
- 3 Levels in the corporate tileset – a futuristic automated factory and supply facility which has been taken over by a corrupted Artificial Intelligence. This theme has various robots as enemies.
- The RUSH game mode – where the better you are, the more rewards you get, but the more difficult the enemies become. Fight through 15 waves of enemies, each bigger than the last, fighting dozens of robots at once.
- 9 Weapons – fight your enemies with 9 different weapons, including two advanced experimental weapons. Plus, fight your attackers with melee attacks; grenades which can have a variety of special effects; different kinds of ammo, and of course the room clearing high powered ammunition.
- 8 Upgrades – from additional armor and ammo, to better accuracy, and even a radar to find your enemies before they find you.
Path of Development:
Final Rush was made with a very limited budget. Nearly all money earned by sales of the game will be put back into development of additional features and content which will be added to the game for free!
These are some of the many features that are either already in progress or planned for adding to the game:
- Stat Tracking, Ingame Ranks and Progression, and Armor Customization – This means that the better you do, the more you’ll be rewarded with ingame points that you can use to purchase customization items for your character.
- More enemies, and boss battles – This means an increase in the variety of gameplay by adding additional styles of enemies, and expanding the capabilities of existing enemies. This includes the addition of a massive boss battle with the robotic tower of death!
- More themes, and levels – This means more levels to play on, and non-robotic enemies! (Final Rush isn’t just a game where you shoot robots)
We’re always listening to suggestions and comments, so be sure to send us your opinions!
That is all we have for you today. Be sure to support both Steam and SteamFirst. We are all working together here.